Once prepared for use in accordance with the owners’ manual, the filter jug purifies water poured into the funnel by running it through the filter under the force of gravity. The filter cartridge irreversibly traps contaminants or excessive minerals in water, combining various filtration methods.
Reduces: sand, silt, rust, chlorine, heavy metals including lead, copper, mercury, organic compounds like pesticides, phenols and remnants of drugs
Water minerals: reduces excessive hardness.
Extra: efficient in colloidal iron and dirt retention due to its micropore cap, provides natural mineralization with magnesium.
*This product is aimed at tap water purification. It is not recommended to use B15 for microbiologically unsafe water.
**Reduced contaminants may not be present in all users’ water.
How to use an Aquaphor Smile
Prior to the first usage, hand-wash the jug, the funnel and the lid with a mild detergent. Place the funnel inside the jug. Soak the filter in water for 10 minutes and install it into the funnel. Check that the filter sits firmly in its socket. Fix the lid on top of the jug. Fill the funnel with tap water, let it run through the filter and then discard (repeat this step two times). Your Smile jug is ready to filter!
- Filter Capacity: holds 1.6 L (6 cups) of filtered water
- Funnel Volume: 0.8 L (3 cups) per funnel
- Filtration rate: 3-10 min per funnel
- Lid style: flip-top
- Replacement cartridge: A5
- Compatible cartridge: B5 (B100-5), B6 (B100-6)
- Filter life: 350 L (92 gallons)
- Replacement: every two months
- Filter life indicator: A5 replacement filter with visual calendar